Reading Time: 5 minutes 🙂
Portable bassinets are a great way to help a baby stay comfortable and sleep well no matter where you are. Whether spending the day outdoors, traveling for a family vacation or visiting friends and family, a portable bassinet gives a baby a safe and familiar place to sleep.
Whether you need something light enough to fit in a backpack, or versatile enough to meet all your baby’s needs when away from home, here are our top picks for the best portable bassinets of 2020.
Safe Sleep Systems is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no additional cost to you. Learn more
Travel Bassinet for Baby
This travel bassinet for baby from ComfyBumpy is lightweight, functional, and beautiful. It has a steel frame for durability, but a breathable mesh siding for great ventilation and visibility. The collapsible mosquito net protects an infant from pesky insects. This portable bassinet has a rocking mode and a fixed mode, so you can have all the stability you need. It’s sturdy and durable enough for daily use but also packs down in seconds into the included carrying bag so it can travel anywhere you go.
The ComfyBumpy Travel Bassinet for Baby weighs just over 18 pounds and is ATSM approved for safety. It is free of BPA, latex, lead, and phthalates. It comes with the bassinet and mosquito netting, a soft mattress, a washable fitted sheet, a washable urine pad, and the carrying case. It comes backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one-year warranty.
- Can be used as a bedside sleeper or standalone crib
- Durable enough for everyday use or occasional travel use
- Easy to set up and break down
- Comes with mattress, sheet, urine pad, and carrying bag
- Mosquito net protects babies from pests and disturbances
- Attractive design
- Legs can rock or be locked
- ATSM approved and free of harmful materials
- Good warranty
- Mattress may feel a bit thin or hard
- Solid, Durable, and Safe: ASTM-approved cradle provides a comfortable and secure bed for newborn babies and infants up to max of 25 lb (11.3 kg) with its robust steel frame and breathable mesh walls
- Easy to Assemble: The cot takes just minutes to assemble and take down again; No tools required, just follow the simple instructions
- Ideal for Travel: Despite the strong metal frame, the bassinet is lightweight and ultra- portable so you can take it wherever you go; It even comes with a carry bag
Scuddles 3-1 Portable Bassinet for Baby
This portable bassinet from Scuddles is perfect for travel. It is a travel diaper bag, portable bassinet, and removable changing or sleeping pad all in one convenient package. It starts as a 10.5 x 17.5 x 5-inch diaper bag, with lots of storage pockets and sturdy handles. In use, one side unzips into a 28.5 x 15.5 x 8-inch bassinet, large enough for babies up to one year old.
The bassinet is lined with a soft, removable, washable mattress pad that can also be used as a changing pad. We love that this bassinet continues to function as a diaper bag even when it is in crib mode; you can keep all the storage capacity and useful pockets even when a baby is napping in it. Special support rods keep the bag upright to avoid collapsing in bassinet mode and prevent spills.
The Scuddles 3-1 Portable Bassinet for Baby is made of nylon and comes in an attractive, gender-neutral grey color. It weighs just one pound.
- A versatile diaper bag that doubles as a bassinet
- Compact and lightweight
- Removable foldable mattress doubles as a diaper pad
- Machine washable
- Variety of useful pockets
- Stays upright when set down and in bassinet mode
- Bag compartments remain useful in bassinet mode
- Fits babies up to a year old
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Would be nice to have a shoulder strap for additional carrying convenience
- Not rigid enough to contain an active infant that wants to move and roll
- 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐬 𝐀 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐞: scuddles portable travel bassinet is great for babies infants or toddlers. It also comes with a mattress as well so baby can sleep comfortably. This combines as a travel crib, diaper bag, and portable baby changing station all in one!
- 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 & 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲: No more yucky bathroom wall changers! Portable changing station lets your baby have a comfortable sleep on the road while enjoying the storage space of a diaper bag to put in your baby's favorite toys and bottles.
- 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨: Includes 5 zip compartments with one insulated pocket to keep your items hot and cold longer. This portable diaper crib bassinet is easy to clean, FITS A LOT, and includes a bonus machine washable mattress pad and can fit onto any stroller.
Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Adventure Portable Infant Sleeper
This snuggle nest portable sleeper from Baby Delight is versatile enough to use as a travel bassinet and for co-sleeping, but it’s absolutely ideal for outdoor use like picnics and beach days. It folds into a compact backpack shape that can easily be carried over the shoulder and has storage compartments to keep baby supplies.
Then it unzips into a cozy little sleeper, complete with removable mosquito netting to keep pests away and provide sun protection. It has breathable mesh sides for great visibility and ventilation, but with a rigid shell that is durable and holds its shape. The cover is removable and washable, and the mattress is waterproof and can be wiped clean.
The Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Adventure Portable Infant Sleeper comes in an attractive, gender-neutral grey color, and weighs 4.7 pounds. It fits babies up to 6 months old, with a sleeping compartment that measures 28.5 x 14 x 6 inches.
- The easy backpack style is perfect for portability
- Can be used as a co-sleeper or as a travel sleeper
- Compact and lightweight
- Has storage pockets
- Removable bug canopy for extra protection
- Machine washable cover
- Quality materials and construction
- The mattress isn’t machine washable
- May be difficult to access storage compartments without disturbing a sleeping child
- Breathable mesh side walls with sturdy, rigid shell
- Includes storage compartments
- Use outside with removable canopy and bug net
Graco Travel Lite Crib
Graco is a premier manufacturer of high-quality, versatile children’s products, and this travel crib lives up to the high standards of the brand. This is a portable crib and bassinet that converts to a safe and portable play yard, perfect for active babies.
As it converts from a bassinet to a crib to a play yard, it grows with a child, so you can get years of use from a single purchase. When not in use, or during travel, it quickly folds down to a lightweight, compact package that is easy to store or take anywhere in the included carrying bag.
It has a height-adjustable platform for different sleeping needs over time, a protective canopy with soft toys, and mesh sides for great ventilation and visibility. It also has wheels, so it can easily be taken from room to room as needed.
The Graco Travel Lite Crib has many of the features of their popular Pack N Play, but at a smaller, more portable size. It weighs less than 20 pounds and measures 23.2 x 33.5 x 32.2 inches. It comes with a comfortable, quilted mattress. It can be used for babies from newborns up to 35-inch toddlers. It has Graco’s patented folding technology that collapses it into travel size in seconds, with no tools.
- Versatile stages allow it to transition in use as a baby grows
- Comes with sun canopy with soft toys
- High-quality construction and durable materials
- Folds up into a compact and lightweight package
- Comes with included carrying bag
- Can be used for sleeping or for a play yard for more active babies and toddlers
- Has wheels and is designed to fit through doorways for easy movement from room to room
- Attractive, gender-neutral design
- Doesn’t come with sheets, so they need to be purchased separately
Whether you need a portable bassinet for a day trip to the park or the beach, or for a vacation around the world, there are some great ways to make sure that your baby sleeps in peace and comfort. Choose the right portable bassinet for your family, and enjoy peace of mind where ever your road takes you.