Reading Time: 11 minutes 🙂
Finding someone you can talk to is not so easy nowadays. We all live hectic lives today, and sometimes we are expected to take on much more than we could handle. Luckily, this time, technology is on our side so that you can count on online therapy and counseling websites such as Blahtherapy.
Among the best alternatives to Blahtherapy, you’ll find BetterHelp, which is among the best online counseling platforms for live chats. Talkspace and IMAlive are also best for crisis management networks. For group-specific issues, the best platforms are Regain, TeenCounseling, and PrideCounseling.
In the sections below, we’ll see the characteristics of better help and the safe alternatives that you might consider.
If you are in a crisis or any other person may be in danger – don’t use this site. These resources can provide you with immediate help.
At Safe Sleep Systems, we’re supported by our audience, and we thank you. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided, at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
What Is Blahtherapy?
Blahtherapy is among the best online counseling platforms for individuals who need to confide in a trustworthy individual. Blahtherapy offers its users several options, among which a chat with a stranger or a consultation with a certified online therapist.
Founded in 2010, Blahtherapy was created by an individual who needed to speak with somebody and could not find anybody to connect intimately. So, this popular platform allows you to match with and connect with a certified counselor. Alternatively, if you need a more informal session, you might just be able to communicate with a non-judgmental individual.
Indeed, sometimes you might need to consult with an expert in the field who can offer insightful guidance. On the other hand, sometimes just venting about a situation you lived through is enough to regain control over it and live it with more serenity.
Another option that this platform offers its users is to speak with a psychic. This is an alternative form of treatment that can help you find more about your future in terms of love, career, and finances.
Independently on the type of help you decide to rely on, Blahtherapy allows you to speak about your problems and confide in a professional. Oppositely, sometimes, you might not need the field to speak about a minor issue with your psychologist, and you might decide to talk to an anonymous individual or psychic instead.
Independent on the kind of conversation you wish to have while on this platform, you can count on 24/7 access, customer service, and support. You can leverage professional help or just have a chat with an individual who is ready and open to speak to you.
However, it is sometimes worth considering the alternatives to this platform, which might be more suitable for specific needs. When picking a different platform from the one you are used to, you should always make sure that it is suitable for your situation and entirely safe.
If you are not sure about the best online counseling platforms for you, check out the ones below!
BetterHelp is, by far, one of the most common online counseling platforms available. This system makes sure that you can rely on the support of certified counselors, psychologists, and mental health experts at any point during the day. Indeed, the platform puts several communication channels at your disposal, including messages, video calls, and standard calls.
Once you are matched with the therapist, who is better qualified and suited to your needs, you can get consulted at any point.
Also, you can control your counseling experience. Indeed, you can decide to remain anonymous throughout the treatment and even delete or hide all messages on your chat.
Learn how to prepare for your first therapy session can be found in the video below:
- HIPAA compliant.
- You can remain anonymous during the sessions.
- All counselors are certified and have logged at least three years and 1,000 hours of sessions.
- All messages can be deleted through the “shred” button.
- All servers are hosted in A-grade facilities.
- Online security and encryption are guaranteed by SSL protection.
- All messages and chats are subjected to banking-grade 256-bit encryption.
- You can communicate with your therapist through messages, calls, or video calls.
- You are matched with a therapist that better suits your needs—but you are not forced in the choice.
- Once you have subscribed, you can benefit from unlimited sessions with the therapist of your choice.
- You can start speaking with your counselor within 24 hours of signing up.
- You can have a session with your therapist at any point during the day.
- The pricing is relatively high, and it can be higher than $65 per week.
- Depending on your counselor, you might need to wait more or less for a response to your messages and inquiries.
Talkspace boasts a similar format as the one you are comfortable with if you have ever tried BetterHelp. In terms of pricing and communication channels, the two platforms are incredibly similar to each other.
Upon completing the easy signing-up process, you will be matched with one of the 3,000 certified therapists and psychiatrists. Depending on the issues you are experiencing and your personal preferences, you can count on the support of high-quality help.
- Anomaly detection systems.
- Multi-factor authentication when accessing a communication space.
- Security audits are continuously conducted.
- HIPAA compliant.
- All licensed therapists (3,000 subscribed).
- Encryption for all platforms.
- It has over 1 million users.
- It only employs licensed therapists.
- Talkspace will match you with a suitable therapist.
- All responses come through quickly and through various channels.
- You can count on 24/7 support for all of your questions that are not related to your sessions.
- This is simple to sign up.
- Therapists only respond once or twice a day. After that, you will need to schedule a video call.
- Not all therapists offer live chats.
- This is more expensive than other platforms.
IMAlive is a different program from the ones seen above. This nonprofit organization is involved in the fight against suicide and depression. And in an attempt to tackle such a crucial issue, the organization communicates its values through events and campaigns.
This association relies uniquely on the help of volunteers and donations, and it is better suited if you wish to consult with specialists regarding an extreme situation that you are conscious of.
While the members of this association are highly active online, they also work in college and university campuses worldwide.
- IMAlive has partnered with the Kristin Brooks Hope Center and Random Acts.
- All therapists are trained and certified in crisis intervention.
- It uses instant messages.
- It helps sensitize the audience about the topic of suicide.
- It is available at all times.
- It is entirely free of charge and easy to apply for.
- It has a very quick response rate.
- IMAlive also conducts works in colleges and universities.
- You will be matched with an unavailable therapist.
- The company relies on volunteers.
Regain has become the most popular platform for couple counseling. This is a safe place for talking about a wide range of couple issues, such as infidelity and communication problems.
When signing up to Regain, you will be required to fill in a questionnaire and specify what you would like to obtain from your therapists’ sessions. Based on your answers, you will be automatically matched with a therapist that can help you achieve your goals.
While couples sessions are available, you, your partner, and the therapist will be able to join the same session only through online chats and messages. Indeed, three-people calls are not yet available.
- All therapists are specialized and certified for couples treatment.
- Regain does not ask you for your full name or contact details. So, you can use the services anonymously.
- Communication between you and your therapist is protected by federal and state law.
- The system uses an SSL encryption system.
- All databases are encrypted and scrambled.
- All servers are held in A-grade facilities.
- Regain focuses on couples’ problems and issues.
- You will start by filling a questionnaire about your relationship. This is essential to assess your current situation.
- Both parts of a couple can join the same therapy session. If you are not in the same location, you can both join the session through texting and online chats.
- You can use video sessions.
- The price includes a session for two people. So, you can bring your partner in with you and work together on what’s there to solve!
- You are matched with your therapist through an automated system.
- You are charged a minimum monthly price to start the sessions with a therapist.
- There are no three-user video call options available. So for a session, you can only use text messages.
Teen Counseling is the best platform for teens who are interested in getting online counseling. This portal is specifically designed to be suitable for users between the age of 13 to 19. Some of the issues treated during the sessions include bullying, depression, self-esteem problems, eating disorders, and other mental health issues.
While this app aims not to provide you with a diagnosis of what is affecting your kid, you might be able to find the counseling help they need to get through a difficult moment of their lives.
It is crucial for families to notice that the counseling space is entirely private and confidential. The sessions are led by certified professionals who respond to state-specific and federal requirements. This, alongside several other safety measures, ensure that your kids have a direct communication channel with a professional therapist throughout the day.
- This app is entirely private and confidential.
- All communication methods are encrypted.
- All therapists are trained and certified psychologists (Ph.D./Psy.D), therapists, or mental health workers.
- There are two different sign-up processes for parents and teens.
- All users will have a private communication channel they can use, including messaging, video calls, and phone calls.
- All teens are matched with a suitable counselor, but they can change it if they don’t feel comfortable with the one assigned.
- The platform might not be a replacement for judge requirements.
- This app might not be the right solution for teens who are going through more severe conditions such as crises or emergency situations.
Pride Counseling is a unique platform that can be extremely helpful for individuals in the LGBTQ+ community to deal with related issues. The platform’s task is to facilitate conversation and dialogue with a certified therapist.
While it might not be able to substitute an in-person help in a moment of risk or emergency, it can help you build a healthier mindset. For example, if you have been dealing with anxiety, depression, or family disputes, this platform might be ideal for putting you in contact with a therapist.
- You can use these services without having to reveal your identity. Nicknames are allowed, and the platform does not require you to share personal details.
- All communication channels are encrypted.
- Emergency contacts are stored in the system and used by the counselor in case they believe you are at risk.
- This app focuses on the issues experienced by the LGBTQ+ community.
- This is ideal to find a solution for conditions such as depression, anxiety, stress, religion, and family disputes.
- You can communicate with your therapist through four different communication channels.
- This is one of the most expensive platforms online, and you will be charged monthly.
- Pride Counseling is not the best solution to resolve a crisis or an emergency situation.
- It can take time for you to be matched with the right counselor.
7 Cups of Tea
7 Cups of tea is an entirely different online counseling platform from any that you might have seen above. If you can’t afford counseling services, but you feel the need to connect to a caring listener, this platform is ideal.
7 Cups of Tea can genuinely help you communicate and vent to a listener who is ready to take in your story without preconceptions or judgment. And, you can remain completely anonymous while doing so!
Alternatively, if you believe you need a little more help, you might decide to get in touch with a licensed therapist. These professionals are all highly trained and hand-picked, and they are there to guide you in a path of personal growth and development.
Both listeners and licensed professionals are available to you 24/7 through several encrypted communication channels.
- All doctors and therapists are licensed and responding to federal and state law.
- The website does not retain any personal data or retail when you use it.
- Contacting a listener is completely free, and you can do so anonymously.
- It is completely free to communicate with listeners. Communication with licensed mental health professionals comes at a minimal monthly free.
- Anybody can use it, and you will be automatically matched with one of the professionals.
- It is a suitable solution if you can’t afford to counsel, but you would like to speak to a professional.
- The professionals on the platform have different backgrounds, and they can focus on specific communities such as teens or LGBTQ+.
- On the website, you can also find advice and Q&A sessions from which you can find help before getting in touch with a listener.
- You will need to pick the listener you prefer out of the list offered by the platform.
Doctor on Demand
Doctor on Demand is a slightly different platform from Blahtherapy. Indeed, while Blahtherapy focuses on specific mental issues and conditions, Doctor on Demand puts you in touch with a range of doctors who you can consult following any problems.
If you need to speak to someone regarding a challenging situation you are living, a mental health counselor can guide you out of such a situation. At the same time, if you need to speak to a doctor because you are hurt, injured, or you just feel unwell, Doctor on Demand can help you regain your peace of mind!
Doctor on Demand is suitable if you have experienced symptoms of conditions such as anxiety, depression, or stress. However, it is also ideal for short-term prescriptions and consultations. So, through the app, you can have a face-to-face consultation with your doctor without the risk of virus infection.
- After your online consultation, your doctor will keep the notes and share them with you upon request.
- You can use the app for both mental and physical issues.
- You can get through a licensed professional doctor that can deal with your situation in the best way.
- While each session is stand-alone, you can also opt to use the same therapist for your follow-up sessions.
- The platform works with many insurance companies and policies.
- You can sign up free and browse the doctors available free of charge. The price of each consultation or service is then displayed on the front screen so that you can make a conscious choice.
- You can check the details of each doctor.
- It works for companies and groups.
- Each session can have a different price.
- Doctors might not always be available.
- You need wifi to use this service.
Finding suitable alternatives to Blahtherapy can be challenging, especially if you are not sure how such apps and platforms are protected. Undoubtedly, online platforms can be the target of online and cyber attacks.
Therefore, ensuring they are safe and secure is crucial.
However, depending on your current situation and the type of help you are looking for, there are valid alternatives that are worth checking. These include Talkspace, BetterHelp, and 7 Cups of tea. Depending on your price issues, you might opt for getting in touch with platforms such as Teen Counseling and Pride Counseling.